Inherent Risks within the Global Custody Chain
- Working Group Chair:
- Andy Smith, BNY Mellon
- Sub Working Group
- Emma Johnson, Deutsche Bank
Roger Harrold, Alfa Sec
James Greig, White & Case
- On the occasion of its 6th Symposium in May 1992, ISSA published a Report on Global Custody Risks, addressing various types of risks incurred in the global custody business. Developments over the past 25 years have significantly enlarged the risks inherent in the custody services arena. Hence the ISSA Board mandated a new Working Group to update this document. Rather than best practices, the updated report is an educational reference document.
- Since February 2017, the report is available to the ISSA Membership as part of the Closed User Group Section.
- The Operating Committee will discuss the need and added value of continuing the Working Group activities at its Workshop in October 2017.
- Inherent Risks within the Global Custody Chain (02/2017) > PDF 1.9 MB
Institutions represented by experts in the working group:
- BNP Paribas Securities Services
- BNY Mellon
- HSBC Bank plc
- Northern Trust
- SIX Securities Services