We at the International Securities Services Association (ISSA) are committed to protecting your privacy. We only request data from you that is needed for the specific business use. How much information we may keep about you, depends on your relationship with ISSA.
This document explains
- Who we are and what we do
- Why we collect personal data
- How we collect information about you
- What data we collect on visitors to our website
- To what extent we collect information about you
- How we treat and use personal data ─ and what we don’t do with it
- How long we keep data on you
- Your rights with respect to your personal data ─ and how to exercise them
- Your responsibilities
- Security of your data
By accessing any part of our website, you acknowledge that we may collect, use and transfer your data as described in “What data we collect on visitors to our website”. Should you not agree with the terms of this policy, please do not continue to access this website.
The International Securities Services Association (ISSA) is a private sector organization incorporated in 1989 as a non-profit association under Swiss law in Zurich, Switzerland, that
- Drives solutions that create efficiencies and mitigate risk within the global securities services industry.
- Brings together influential securities services leaders, regulators, and other industry stakeholders to foster international coordination and collaboration across the securities services industry.
- Facilitates and stimulates active communication among all industry stakeholders.
- Shares information about its contributions to the development of the worldwide securities services industry.
ISSA does not sell any products or data.
To drive solutions, strengthen collaboration and faciliate communication, ISSA is in regular contact with its members, contributors (working group, events), participants to ISSA events and interested parties. For this purpose we may keep track of your personal data (such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and company name).
We request and collect your personal information, if you
- are a member representative for your company in ISSA, or in one of our working groups or committees, or
- contribute to ISSA publications or events, or
- subscribe to our newsletter, or
- requested and get access to our closed user group (CUG), or
- register to one of our events, or
- are in contact with a representative of ISSA, express interest in ISSA and give them your contact details, or
- requested information about our organization or publications, or
- fill in electronic forms on our website (contact forms and surveys).
Public section of our website
We do not collect any personal identifying information about you while you are surfing our website, unless you provide it in order to get in touch with us (contact forms) or use it to access the closed user group (CUG).
What we collect while you are browsing our website is your device’s domain name and which contents where accessed. We also collect aggregate information about users' visits, for example which contents are accessed most or least often. We use the collected data to analyze how and when the contents of our site are viewed and with the intent of offering you more relevant data.
Thus you will not receive any e-mails from ISSA as a result of visiting our website, unless you specifically request it by contacting us. In such case, your data will be retained for the time necessary to process your request and to comply with legal obligations.
Closed user group (CUG) section on our website
If you are granted access to our CUG, we use your name, e-mail address and a password to create your account, and assign you to a user category to restrict access to content. We also register when you log onto the CUG (only the time stamp of your last visit is stored), but do not track which data you access.
The cookies used in the CUG are linked to your login data and allow
- us to check, if you are authorized to access the CUG, and control what contents are displayed to you;
- you to stay logged in for the duration of the session.
ISSA may collect, keep and use information about
- how to reach you (such as name, title, firm, mailing and e-mail address, phone number), if you are or have been a member representative, an Executive Board, Operating Committee or working group member, if you have registered to one of our events, or if you have requested access to the closed user group or subscribed to our newsletter;
- how to charge you for your membership fee or attending an event (such as billing address);
- how you access our Closed User Group (name, e-mail address, encrypted password, user category, timestamp of last visit);
- your relationship status with ISSA.
We collect, store and use all personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws and do our best to ensure that any data collected is accurate.
We use your personal data as follows.
|Type of data||Purpose|
|Name, title, company, e-mail address||To identify you|
|Address details and billing address||For invoices only|
|E-mail addresses*, phone numbers||To contact you|
|E-mail addresses, password, user category||For verifying CUG login and restricting access to content according to user category|
|Relationship status with ISSA||Determines the amount of interaction with you and what kind of information could be useful to you|
|ISSA events registrations||For making arrangements as to your attendance (bookings, dietary requirements, etc.), billing you and to potentially invite you to similar events|
*We send periodic emails to members and interested parties on our mailing list to keep them up-to-date on our activities, developments in the securities industry that might affect us, our activities or the relationship with the recipient.
Should you receive information from us that you do not find relevant for you, you can opt-out and stop receiving emails at any time by unsubscribing from our mailing list.
We do not use your personal data for commercial purposes, nor do we share it with any other organization without requesting your explicit consent.
We and/or our third-party service providers, may disclose information to cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or otherwise comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Aggregated website statistics are held 1-2 years.
How long we keep personal information about you, depends on your relationship with ISSA.
|Your relationship with ISSA||Type of data||Duration of data storage|
|Public website visitor||Data entered into online forms||As long as it takes to process your request|
|CUG user||User data||As long as you are granted access to the CUG|
|Any party||Accounting documents||As long as required by law|
|ISSA contacts*||Contact details, relationship category, and which events you attended||As long as your relationship with ISSA lasts|
|Subscribers to ISSA mailings that are not ISSA contacts||E-mail address||Until you revoke your subscription|
* ISSA contacts include different categories
- Executive Board, Operating Committee and their assistants, if data was provided
- Member representatives
- Working group members
- Contributors to ISSA publications or events
You can at any time
- Ask us to let you know what data we hold on you;
- Request that your data be updated;
- Restrict or revoke your consent to provide you with information;
- Demand that your personal data or parts of it be deleted, unless there is a legal obligation for us to keep it.
It is your responsibility to review this policy regularly to make sure you are aware of any changes and comply with any changed policy.
If you submit personal data, it is your responsibility to make sure that the information is correct. Please also assist us in keeping your data accurate and up-to-date by informing us on any relevant changes.
If you have been granted access to the closed user group (CUG) on our website, it is your responsibility to uphold confidentiality of your login data. You are also responsible for all activities carried out under your CUG identity.
We take considerable precautions to make sure that the personal data you share with us is kept safe and in accordance with this policy and applicable data protection legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation. In particular, we seek to protect your personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by ISSA and/or our third-party service providers from accidental or unlawful alteration, destruction, loss, unauthorized disclosure or access.
|Prepared by:||ISSA CEO Office|